GRADUATE AND RECRUITMENT PROGRAMS
Great news for graduates: 15 of our partner hotels offer entry programs or graduate recruitment programs! The hotel industry is dedicated to recruiting, training, developing and retaining high quality staff. As such, many hotel groups offer these programs which allows students to immerse themselves in the culture of the hotel as they learn the ropes.
From leadership development programs, to internships and entry-level jobs, find out how you can get your foot in the door within the hotel industry with these graduate and recruitment programs.
At AccorHotels, they believe that if they are going to create something truly great they need to look at things a bit differently. They’re not interested in fitting you into some corporate mould. They want the unique, the adventurous and the ‘one-of-a-kinds’. So their graduate and fast-track programs have been specifically designed to help each individual flourish doing what they love and become the best they can be. Find out more about AccorHotels’ programs below.
Hotel Management Traineeship
The Hotel Management Traineeship (HMT) is aimed at the next generation of employees striving for supervisory positions, the goal on completion of the program. Over 12 months the high potential trainees will graduate with a Certificate IV in leadership and management, be exposed to all departments of the hotels they are working in and be mentored by senior team members at their hotels. If you are interested in finding out more about the HMT program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Program – Operations or Specialist roles
At AccorHotels, they know you have studied hard and have had experience working in a hospitality environment. You know the importance of guest, service and attitude. They know that you have broad knowledge of what it takes to be a leader but may be missing some depth and practical experience. That is why AccorHotels Graduate Program offers specialised leadership pathways to assist you in achieving excellence and experience. The AccorHotels Graduate Program is designed to complement tertiary qualifications during an 18 month program aimed at developing participants into a supervisory role, and in some cases for exceptional graduates, a junior management level. Click here to find out more.
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney
The Amora Hotel Group is excited to announce a newly developed graduate program that will teach and mentor your growth and empower you to be the best professional you can. Over 18 months, you will gain experience in many of the key faculties of our hotel, including concierge, reception, operator, reservations, bar, restaurant and events/banqueting. The program, in conjunction with your studies, will result in suitable candidacy for a supervisory position. The Amora Group offers an effective team of mentors, who seek the reward of your passion and success.
Event Hospitality & Entertainment
Are you wanting a Hotel Management Traineeship? Our Hotel Management Trainee program has been successful in developing many of today’s managers in the company. The 12-18 month’s program is open to the following candidates:
- Internal applicants: Event Hotels’ employees with at least 6 month’s experience in a position of responsibility i.e. senior staff member.
- External applicants: A hospitality college graduate with at least 12 months Hotel’s experience in a role of responsibility
- A hospitality worker with at least 24 months Hotel’s experience in a role of responsibility
To learn about job opportunities in Event Hospitality & Entertainment please visit totallyintoit.com.au.
At Four Seasons, each learning activity is aimed at impacting the guest experience and supporting the culture of the company. By investing in and committing to effective training at all levels, they build competence and confidence in their employees, thus enabling them to sustain a competitive advantage in service excellence.
For training to add significant value, each function in a Four Seasons hotel or resort strives to enhance the quality, retention and application of learning in the workplace, thereby creating a “learning organisation.” A focused learning resource then works hand-in-hand with management to develop and enhance the skill levels of employees.
Find out more about Four Seasons’ programs at the links below.
The Grace Hotel
6 Month training to recruitment program for hospitality superstars
Calling Hospitality Superstars! Kickstart your career with a 6-month training program at The Grace Hotel. With rotation across various areas of your choice, you can select experiences across: Room Division – Reception, Communications, Reservations and Concierge; and Food and Beverage – Restaurant, Conference and Events, Room Service, Kitchen and Mini Bar. What’s more, after the program ends, you will be offered a permanent position at the hotel and, depending on your performance, this training program may even lead to a Team Leader position for outstanding performers. You’ll also meet with the hotel’s various Heads of Departments and be inspired by the stories of their own career progression. There are three opportunities available. To qualify, you must have a Certificate in F & B/ Diploma in Hospitality/Business Management or above.
Elevator Graduate Program
The Elevator Graduate Program is a personal development program for globally mobile graduates to prepare you to be ready for a hotel General Manager position within 6-8 years. It offers accelerated development into a first management position, followed by a fast track structured career path with ongoing development to help you maximize your future potential. The program is a 15-18 month program based on two placements in two different countries/ regions. It includes:
- Structured group orientation
- Tailored job experience in all functions
- Formal off-the-job training
- Virtual classrooms and Hilton Worldwide university e-courses
- Two major business projects
- Personal mentor
- Competency based personal development plans
- Career development reviews
Asia Pacific Finance Graduate Program
- 3-year Finance program
- 3 placements, 1 each year
- 3 countries/ locations across APAC
- Gain exposure into all aspects of Finance
- Graduate into a Finance leadership role
Corporate Leadership Program
Hyatt is looking for tomorrow’s hospitality leaders — today. We have built a reputation for excellence on exceeding expectations, and we remain focused on delivering the highest-quality experience in the industry. The calibre of service, attention to detail, and consistent quality our guests expect begins and ends with our colleagues. The Corporate Leadership Training Program has been designed for graduates with the great potential to become a part of our top management team and to progress rapidly within our company.
What we offer:
- A detailed and tailor made training plan
- Comprehensive exposure in the hotel by rotations through various departments
- Intensive training period in agreed area of specialisation
- Active collaboration in all operational processes
- Opportunity to perform team leading tasks and first management assignments
- The opportunity to work on various projects in the hotel
- Benefit from your mentor and coach
- Further development through attendance in Leadership Training Sessions
- A role in the hotel’s Hyatt Thrive Corporate Responsibility programs and initiatives
- The offered packages vary in the different locations throughout the world
What we expect:
- A passion for working in hotels!
- The willingness to learn and drive to further develop your personal and professional skills
- Leadership potential, ideally first experience in a team leading role
- A minimum of 12 months of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Hospitality or related field
- Fluency in English, very good conversational skills in a second language
InterContinental Hotels Group
IHG Future Leaders
Be part of one of the world’s largest hotel groups! IHG Future Leaders is a challenging, fast track, hotel-based 24-month development program targeted to groom local leaders for our hotels. The program offers two paths, focused on either Rooms or Food & Beverage. Through four structured learning phases, you’ll be developed and tested on-the-job with real accountability to gain the experience and skills you need as a leader. As our Future Leader, we will give you all the support and resources you need to be able to succeed. We’ll make sure you have:
- A robust learning development plan with clear expectations and assessment checkpoints
- An excellent support network that includes a mentor and a coach
- Best-in-class training at every stage, as well as leadership development that begins in your very first month with us Developing through on-the-job experiences
We believe in experience-led learning, where you build capability on-the-job in each leadership level with real accountability and clear targets. You will be immersed in every facet of operations in your division of choice, given direct access to tools, coached by operations experts and mentored by some of our best general managers in the business.
It’s an intense program in a high-performance environment, meant to get you ready to lead a key operational function as part of the hotel leadership team. Your career path When you successfully complete the program, depending on the size of the hotel operation, you can expect to secure a Head of Department role in either Rooms or Food & Beverage division in a hotel of your home country. Your career journey does not stop there.
Depending on your performance and demonstrated potential, you can choose to develop at pace into the next role with the support of our learning & development programs or take on the challenge to further accelerate your career via our accelerated development paths. Click here to find out more.
Internships are available in many IHG hotels
Both operational and non-operational internships are available in the following listed departments:
- Human Resources
- Sales and Marketing
- Revenue Management
- Food & Beverage Service Operations
- Accommodation Operations
The internships are offered as an accompaniment to the studies of a student, providing exposure and insight to the general duties of the department the student is studying. These internships must be a requirement for students to complete as part of their curriculum. The institution delivering the program must be authorised under an Australian law. Click here to find out more.
To The Voyage
Global Leadership Development Program Voyage is Marriott International’s 12-18 month award-winning, global leadership development program offering resources and support for future leaders of the company across Marriott’s hotel brands. Our Voyage program accelerates the training of university students and recent graduates by exposing them to several functions within our global hotel network and providing mentors to personalize their learning experience. Join this elite group of future leaders to expand your career horizons. Voyage Program benefits include:
- Receive hands-on and virtual training in many disciplines: Accounting & Finance, Culinary, Engineering, Event Management, Food & Beverage, Human Resources, Revenue Management, Rooms Operations, Sales & Marketing
- Immerse yourself in the operations of a hotel through mini departmental rotations
- Network with global colleagues through social tools
- Engage with Marriott senior leaders
- Compete globally through our virtual hotel simulator
Hotel and Headquarters Internships
Our innovative internship opportunities vary, but all include a combination of on-the-job training and an introduction to the culture at Marriott International. Standard programs last 8-12 weeks, but can extend to 12 months or longer in certain locations. Our application process is as follows:
1. Application. Please click “Find Hotel Internship” or “Find Headquarters Internship” in the link below and follow the directions for applying online.
2. Interviews. We visit many universities during the year to recruit candidates for internships. See our recruitment schedule to learn if and when we’re coming to your university. We select potential candidates who have completed our online application process and invite these candidates to interview with our recruiting team. If we are not scheduled to come to your university during the recruiting season, these interviews may be conducted virtually.
3. Next Steps. A member of our recruiting team will notify you of your status and next steps within two weeks of the interview. Based on timing of the interview process, actual offer and placement may not occur until six to eight weeks prior to the start of your internship. Click here to find out more.
An Ovolo Internship is like no other work experience around. When you think about the right head start to your career in hospitality, don’t you want to be somewhere that gets you involved right from the start? We are a dynamic, unique and trendy lifestyle hospitality company that provides guests with the BEST in effortless living! You’ll get exposed to the inner operations of Front Office, Food & Beverage and Events. At Ovolo, you don’t follow the heard, you lead it. Apply now to learn the Ovolo difference!
Australia Internship Program highlights
- Ranges from 6 to 12 months, to get acquainted with the real business operations experience.
- Comprehensive exposure to different departments at Ovolo Hotels (pending on the length of your internship) or;
- Option to choose a training focus (Front Office or F&B).
- Working closely with the leadership team.
- Participating in discussions/workshops with management and other interns.
- Developing and presenting valuable business projects to senior management.
- Comprehensive performance feedback.
We are looking for someone who…
- Likes to challenge conventional thinking and is a fan of big, bright and bold ideas.
- Enjoys a design oriented, fast paced environment driven by innovation.
- Is committed to delivering high levels of customer service and has flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Likes a fun working environment, enjoy “Shiny Happy People All Around” and loves to work on their own and in a team.
- Has a positive attitude and possesses great communication skills.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Potential candidates will be scheduled for an in-person, telephone or Skype meeting with the hotel General Manager, respective department heads together with the Human Resources team.
- To find out more, please visit http://www.ovolohotels.com/internship or apply directly via our HR team at email@example.com with your resume.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group encompasses Australia’s most iconic hotel brand PARKROYAL and is committed to ‘Creating Memorable Hotel Experiences’ through great hotels, great people and great relationships. With our hotels, resorts and serviced suites serving a myriad of international guests, it is important that our associates embrace diversity – in cultures, value systems, opinions, experiences and skills – to provide enriching experiences to our guests, customers and partners. “Collaborating, communicating openly, recognising and valuing diversity” lie at the core of our Values and help direct our behaviour at all times.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group offer multiple entry opportunities for graduates of all disciplines through our intensive onboarding development programme that takes place in the first 6 – 12 months of employment. Graduates are often encouraged to work within our front of house areas to develop a strong understanding of the hotel business before determining a speciality area such as Human Resources, Finance, Engineering, or Sales. During the programme you will attend:
- Company Orientation
- Structured On the Job Training
- Brand Awareness Sessions
- WHS Awareness
- PPHG Service Excellence Programme
Our only expectation is that you will:
- Be passionate for a career in hospitality
- Be open minded to the career opportunities
- Enjoy working in large teams
- Have a sense of humour and a flexible approach
For further please view our opportunities at: www.parkroyalhotels.com
Primus Hotel Sydney
We are the new kid on the block and excited to be forging ahead, establishing a reputation as an Employer of Choice for those interested in Hospitality as a career.
6 month paid IPs are available to Hotel School and TAFE students in Food & Beverage, Front Office and the Kitchen. Students apply directly to the Human Resources Department of the Hotel. Attitude, and not experience, is the key factor when selecting our candidates.
At Primus Hotel Sydney, we fully support the training of a new generation of chefs. Right now we have one apprentice in our Wilmot Restaurant. We are looking for another enthusiastic and hard working apprentice to join us. It could be 1st, 2nd or 3rd year, however, you must be driven and passionate about food and quality. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Finance team welcomes the opportunity to guide and mentor Finance students or Graduates for three-month unpaid internships. We have had two interns in Finance in the past 18 months. The feedback was very positive and assisted the interns with valuable experience they needed to gain employment after the completion.
HR Volunteer Work placements
HR at Primus Hotel Sydney works with University students of Psychology from Macquarie University on HR projects. It provides students with valuable hands on project work in the area of Employee engagement and contributes towards their course mark.
Interested in any of these opportunities? Please email the Director of Human Resources, Lizzie Cleaves: email@example.com
Radisson Blu – Helping YOU reach your true potential/ The Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group has a strong, ongoing commitment to promoting our own people from within. And we aim to be the employer of choice, offering the best range of tools and support to encourage individual development and add to the company’s shared skill set. The Radisson Blu Sydney was the 2016 winner of the NSW Tourism & Accommodation Australia Award for “Outstanding Achievement in Training”. We are committed to developing you to your full potential. Our focus is on personal people development and continuous learning as well as specific job training. Every employee is entitled to an IDP – Individual Development Plan, tailored to your learning needs in conjunction with up to 3 performance appraisals within your first year of employment. Our many different development programs are inter-linked to promote continuous growth and development throughout your whole career path. And we offer training for all levels in all of our hotels.
To help us develop a vital pool of potential talent, we offer 6 to 12 month paid operational work placements and internships to hotel management students on a regular basis from some of the best hotel schools in Australia and overseas. These internships are mainly in Food & Beverage operations and our finance department also offers internships through a placement agency. These internships can assist with satisfying current course requirements for current students. We have an annual Business School Directory with many in-house and online programs.
For new employees and interns:
- Brand & Hotel Orientation
- Work, Health & Safety
- “Yes I Can!” global customer service program
- Leading & Living Responsible Business (people, community & environment)
- Know your guest & cultural awareness
For ongoing development beyond your first year and for high potential employees:
- Management Internship – 18 months across all departments – one is selected from winners of either Leader of the Year or Employee of the Year
- STAR and SuperSTAR Supervisory and Leadership program
- Train the Trainer
- Talent Conversations
- Experience Meetings – Conference & Events
- WOW – Ways of Winning Skills building
- Insight recruitment & interviewing skills
- Cross Exposure program
To apply, please see your hotel school industry placement team who can forward your application to us or call and ask for Human Resources (02) 8214 0000. Or click here to find out more.
Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
With the right attitude, anything is possible at Shangri-La. They invest heavily in training, and offer a variety of programs for all levels, as well as their own training school, The Shangri-La Academy. Their aim is always to keep and reward the very best. So each year they fill most of the company’s management positions via internal promotions and transfers – and, with over 50 projects in development around the world, the opportunities are endless.
2019 Graduate Program
There has never been a more exciting time to join The Star Entertainment Group. We are seeking future leaders to join our expanding Graduate program for 2019. We are thrilled to be developing a new generation of leaders whose unique strengths, skills and capability support The Star in becoming ‘Australia’s Leading Integrated Resort Company’.
The 18 month Graduate Leadership Program is aimed at creating a bespoke ‘fast-track’ pathway for people who have recently completed the minimum of an undergraduate program at a recognised university or educational institution.
Also, coming in 2019 is a new technical graduate program for those wanting to excel in their chosen field.
Formal applications open September 2019 via our website www.star.com.au/careers
Wyndham Vacation Resorts
Want to experience what it’s like to work as part of a global company? Join our Wyntern Program!
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific’s Wyntern Program offers flexible placements at our properties and corporate head offices to compliment your studies and give you the chance to experience working for a global leader!
We offer a range of internship opportunities within the following departments:
- Human Resources
- Legal & Compliance
- Marketing & Social Media
- Hotel Revenue Sales & Marketing
- Creative & PR
- Property & Development
- Resort Operations
- Customer Experience & Insights + more!